- A large group of people set apart from others on the basis of a common heritage.
- The Anglo-Saxon race
- A large group of people set apart from others on the basis of common, genetically-linked, physical characteristics (e.g., skin color, hair type).
- Race was a significant issue during apartheid in South Africa.
- (Controversial): One of the categories from the many subcategorizations of the human species. See Wikipedia"s article on historical definitions of race.
- The Native Americans colonized the New World in several waves from Asia, and thus they are part of the same Mongoloid race.
- (Biology): A population geographically separated from others of its species that develops significantly different characteristics; informal for subspecies.
- A breed or strain of domesticated animal.
- A category or species of something that has emerged or evolved from an older one (with an implied parallel to animal breeding or evolutionary science).
- The advent of the Internet has brought about a new race of entrepreneur.
- Recent developments in artificial intelligence has brought about a new race of robots that can perform household chores without supervision.
4 letters in word "race": A C E R.
Anagrams of race:
Words found within race: